Difference between revisions of "Microsoft Office 2007"

From ArchWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(archive page, content moved to AppDB)
 
(35 intermediate revisions by 15 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[Category:Office]]
+
#redirect [[ArchWiki:Archive]]
[[Category:Wine]]
+
[[Category:Archive]]
{{out of date}}
 
 
 
==Install==
 
 
 
(21/3/2012)
 
 
 
The following worked for me, using wine-1.5.0. The instructions below and the instructions on WineHQ (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=4992) didnt.
 
 
 
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=138082
 
 
 
(10.25.11)
 
 
 
This works great:
 
 
 
From forum post:  https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=86436
 
 
 
{{ Note| You should never run wine commands as root.  Run it as your user. }}
 
 
 
...to get office 2007 working for me I installed bin32-wine, winetricks and then ran:
 
$ WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/win32 winecfg
 
and set windows to xp and then ran:
 
 
 
{{Note | See winetricks section below!!!}}
 
 
 
$ WINEPREFIX=~/win32 winetricks msxml3  gdiplus riched20 riched30 vcrun2005sp1 allfonts
 
$ WINEPREFIX=~/win32 wine setup.exe
 
and then to actually use any of the executables you must cd to the directory. IE:
 
$ cd ~/win32/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office12
 
$ WINEPREFIX=~/win32 wine ./EXCEL.EXE
 
 
 
You could set WINEPREFIX in your bash_profile, or make 32bit wine your default (then you only have to do WINEARCH=win32 winecfg). Anyway the two main problems I had were accidentally emulating 64bit (I know Wine Is Not Emulation) windows instead of 32 bit. Also I found that the programs hang if I didn't cd into the directory, probably because the dlls are linked with the local directory. Anyway everything works this way.
 
 
 
{{ Note| I did not have to run via command or script like the guy does though.  To execute the software I could just open it from the applicaiton menu. }}
 
 
 
===Office 2k7 SP2===
 
 
 
Download from:  http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=5
 
 
 
Install with:
 
 
 
WINEPREFIX=~/win32 wine office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe
 
 
 
===Winetricks===
 
 
 
The droid font downloader in winetricks is broken.  The url is part of the google git project atm.  Either the maintainer of winetricks will update or kernel.org will change.  I just chose to remove the droid font install from the winetricks script.  I think you could create a .netrc file with password information in it but I did not test it or do it this way.
 
 
 
If you visit:  http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=blob_plain;f=data/fonts/ and generate a password in a webbrowser then put it in ~/.netrc , then run the script without comments...might work.
 
 
 
This is what I did:
 
 
 
sudo nano -w /usr/bin/winetricks
 
 
 
Search for:  do_droid
 
You should see this:
 
 
 
do_droid() {
 
    w_download ${DROID_URL}$1';hb=HEAD'  $3  $1
 
    w_try cp -f "$W_CACHE"/droid/$1 "$W_FONTSDIR_UNIX"
 
    w_register_font $1 "$2"
 
}
 
 
 
load_droid()
 
{
 
    # See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droid_(font)
 
    DROID_URL='http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=blob_plain;f=data/fonts/'
 
    do_droid DroidSans-Bold.ttf        "Droid Sans Bold"        560e4bcafdebaf29645fbf92633a2ae0d2f9801f
 
    do_droid DroidSansFallback.ttf    "Droid Sans Fallback"    64de2fde75868ab8d4c6714add08c8f08b3fae1e
 
    do_droid DroidSansJapanese.ttf    "Droid Sans Japanese"    b3a248c11692aa88a30eb25df425b8910fe05dc5
 
    do_droid DroidSansMono.ttf        "Droid Sans Mono"        133fb6cf26ea073b456fb557b94ce8c46143b117
 
    do_droid DroidSans.ttf            "Droid Sans"              62f2841f61e4be66a0303cd1567ed2d300b4e31c
 
    do_droid DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf "Droid Serif Bold Italic" b7f2d37c3a062be671774ff52f4fd95cbef813ce
 
    do_droid DroidSerif-Bold.ttf      "Droid Serif Bold"        294fa99ceaf6077ab633b5a7c7db761e2f76cf8c
 
    do_droid DroidSerif-Italic.ttf    "Droid Serif Italic"      bdd8aad5e6ac546d11e7378bdfabeac7ccbdadfc
 
    do_droid DroidSerif-Regular.ttf    "Droid Serif"            805c5f975e02f488fa1dd1dd0d44ed4f93b0fab4
 
}
 
 
 
Comment it out with:
 
 
 
#do_droid() {
 
#    w_download ${DROID_URL}$1';hb=HEAD'  $3  $1
 
#    w_try cp -f "$W_CACHE"/droid/$1 "$W_FONTSDIR_UNIX"
 
#    w_register_font $1 "$2"
 
#}
 
 
 
#load_droid()
 
#{
 
#    # See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Droid_(font)
 
#    DROID_URL='http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=platform/frameworks/base.git;a=blob_plain;f=data/fonts/'
 
#
 
#    do_droid DroidSans-Bold.ttf        "Droid Sans Bold"        560e4bcafdebaf29645fbf92633a2ae0d2f9801f
 
#    do_droid DroidSansFallback.ttf    "Droid Sans Fallback"    64de2fde75868ab8d4c6714add08c8f08b3fae1e
 
#    do_droid DroidSansJapanese.ttf    "Droid Sans Japanese"    b3a248c11692aa88a30eb25df425b8910fe05dc5
 
#    do_droid DroidSansMono.ttf        "Droid Sans Mono"        133fb6cf26ea073b456fb557b94ce8c46143b117
 
#    do_droid DroidSans.ttf            "Droid Sans"              62f2841f61e4be66a0303cd1567ed2d300b4e31c
 
#    do_droid DroidSerif-BoldItalic.ttf "Droid Serif Bold Italic" b7f2d37c3a062be671774ff52f4fd95cbef813ce
 
#    do_droid DroidSerif-Bold.ttf      "Droid Serif Bold"        294fa99ceaf6077ab633b5a7c7db761e2f76cf8c
 
#    do_droid DroidSerif-Italic.ttf    "Droid Serif Italic"      bdd8aad5e6ac546d11e7378bdfabeac7ccbdadfc
 
#    do_droid DroidSerif-Regular.ttf    "Droid Serif"            805c5f975e02f488fa1dd1dd0d44ed4f93b0fab4
 
#}
 
 
 
Save then execute the command from the installation section.
 

Latest revision as of 01:44, 24 December 2017

Redirect to: