zh-CN:Moonlight Moonlight was a free and open source implementation of Silverlight, primarily for Linux and other Unix/X11 based operating systems. Moonlight 1.0 was released on January 20, 2009 and 2.0 on December 17, 2009. The preview release of Moonlight 4.0 was released in early 2011.
"In December 2011 Miguel de Icaza announced that work on Moonlight had stopped with no future plans. He explained that, although there was always some bloat, complication and over-engineering in the Silverlight vision, Microsoft had "cut the air supply" to it by omitting cross-platform components, making it a web-only plugin, and including Windows-only features. He advised developers to separate user interface code from the rest of their application development to ensure "a great UI experience on every platform (Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Windows and Web)" without being dependent on third party APIs."
There are two options for installing Moonlight in Firefox.
From the AUR: Install the AUR package.
Manually: Go to the download page of the Moonlight website and download and install the
From the AUR: Install theAUR package.
- Download the Moonlight package for Chrome.
- Make sure no page is currently opened inside Chrome that is trying to load Silverlight/Moonlight.
- Go to the extensions page.
- Enable "Developer mode" (top right).
- Now drag and drop the extension file to the extensions page.
- You can turn off "Developer mode" if you wish.