zh-CN:Moonlight Moonlight was a free and open source implementation of Silverlight, primarily for Linux and other Unix/X11 based operating systems. Moonlight 1.0 was released on January 20, 2009 and 2.0 on December 17, 2009. The preview release of Moonlight 4.0 was released in early 2011.
There are two options for installing Moonlight in Firefox.
From the AUR: Install the AUR package.
Manually: Go to the download page of the Moonlight website and download and install the
From the AUR: Install theAUR package.
- Download the Moonlight package for Chrome.
- Make sure no page is currently opened inside Chrome that is trying to load Silverlight/Moonlight.
- Go to the extensions page.
- Enable "Developer mode" (top right).
- Now drag and drop the extension file to the extensions page.
- You can turn off "Developer mode" if you wish.
Tips & Tricks
You may trick the Moonlight plugin to play supposedly unsupported content by editing the version number in
For Google Chrome:
sed -i 's/4.0.51204.0/4.0.60831.0/g' ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Extensions/ldjmcjaammmjjilbjpacphekcgfnmdlk/18.104.22.168_?/moonlight/libmoonpluginxpi.so
For Mozilla Firefox:
sed -i 's/4.0.51204.0/4.0.60831.0/g' ~/.mozilla/firefox/$(sed -n 's/^Path=//p' ~/.mozilla/firefox/profiles.ini)/firstname.lastname@example.org/plugins/moonlight/libmoonpluginxpi.so
$(sed -n 's/^Path=//p' ~/.mozilla/firefox/profiles.ini) finds out the default profile as stated in