From Wikipedia article:
- "The NetBeans IDE is written in Java and can run anywhere a compatible JVM is installed, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Solaris. A JDK is required for Java development functionality, but is not required for development in other programming languages."
- 1 Tips and tricks
- 2 Troubleshooting
Tips and tricks
- Settings in local version of netbeans.conf override the same settings in the global copy of the file.
- Command-line options override settings in either of the configuration files.
Font antialiasing in Netbeans
-J-Dswing.aatext=TRUE -J-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on to the 'netbeans_default_options' line of your netbeans.conf file.
GTK look and feel
To change Netbeans look and feel to GTK add switch
--laf com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel to IDE command line by appending it to ‘netbeans_default_options’ section of
/usr/share/netbeans/etc/netbeans.conf or editing .desktop file with which you launch Netbeans.
OpenJDK vs Sun's JDK
Netbeans 7.0-1 will not ALWAYS work with OpenJDK. Some reported issues are:
- Starting - In some cases, netbeans will not start.
- Installation - The .sh script provided by netbeans will not launch wizard.
Glassfish server - Can`t download Glassfish server I/O Exception
If you are trying add new Glassfish server, you can`t download the server. Netbeans returns
- Download GlassFish Server Open Source Edition manualy from official site, actual link is http://download.java.net/glassfish/3.0.1/release/glassfish-3.0.1-ml.zip
- Extract from zip to any location
Netbeans doesn't start after its first start
If you receive a message like this when executing from terminal:
# netbeans -h
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre/lib/i386/libsplashscreen.so: libgif.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
You have two options:
- You can start Netbeans using the --nosplash option:
# netbeans --nosplash
- Or, install the missing library ( ), then starting Netbeans as usual will work.
Netbeans starts with a completely grey window
# wmname LG3D