From Wikipedia article:
- "The NetBeans IDE is written in Java and can run anywhere a compatible JVM is installed, including Windows, Mac OS, Linux, and Solaris. A JDK is required for Java development functionality, but is not required for development in other programming languages."
- 1 Installation
- 2 Tips and tricks
- 3 Integrate with tomcat
- 4 Troubleshooting
The current version of
/usr/share/netbeans/etc/netbeans.conf and set
netbeans_jdkhome="/usr/lib/jvm/java-default-runtime". For further information see FS#41603.
Tips and tricks
/usr/share/netbeans/etc/netbeans.confwill be overwritten during updates. To keep changes add them to your local netbeans.conf
~/.netbeans/<ver>/etc/netbeans.conf(you will need to create the etc dir and the .conf file).
- Settings in local version of netbeans.conf override the same settings in the global copy of the file.
- Command-line options override settings in either of the configuration files.
Font antialiasing in Netbeans
-J-Dswing.aatext=TRUE -J-Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on to the 'netbeans_default_options' line of your netbeans.conf file.
Look and feel
To change Netbeans look and feel, add switch
--laf yourLookAndFeel to IDE command line by appending it to ‘netbeans_default_options’ section of
/usr/share/netbeans/etc/netbeans.conf or editing .desktop file with which you launch Netbeans.
Integrate with tomcat
It is possible to debug web applications running on tomcat within netbeans:
First install, tomcat.
You will need to create a configuration and deployment folder for your user, for example in /home/USER_NAME/.tomcat7
Copy /etc/tomcat7/ in /home/USER_NAME/.tomcat7/conf and check that you give read/write access to your user.
# sudo cp -r /etc/tomcat7/ /home/USER_NAME/.tomcat7/conf # sudo chown -R USER_NAME:USER_NAME /home/USER_NAME/.tomcat7/conf
Make sure to configure /home/USER_NAME/.tomcat7/conf/tomcat-users.xml with a user having tomcat admin permissions so that netbeans can deploy applications.
Copy /var/lib/tomcat7/webapps in /home/USER_NAME/.tomcat7/webapps
Then, in netbeans go to Tools>Servers>Add Server and select Apache Tomcat.
In server location specify /usr/share/tomcat7
Check "Use Private Configuration Folder (Catalina Base)" and specify /home/USER_NAME/.tomcat7
Finally, set the username and password you configured in /etc/tomcat7/tomcat-users.xml
OpenJDK vs Sun's JDK
Netbeans 7.0-1 will not ALWAYS work with OpenJDK. Some reported issues are:
- Starting - In some cases, netbeans will not start.
- Installation - The .sh script provided by netbeans will not launch wizard (any proofs?).
- JavaFX module does not work (see FS#29843).
Glassfish server - Can`t download Glassfish server I/O Exception
If you are trying add new Glassfish server, you can`t download the server. Netbeans returns
- Download GlassFish Server Open Source Edition manualy from official site, actual link is http://download.java.net/glassfish/3.0.1/release/glassfish-3.0.1-ml.zip
- Extract from zip to any location
Integrate Netbeans with kwallet
Netbeans may need to store some passwords. It can do that in kwallet. See netbeans' wiki []
However, you need to install and configureso that netbeans find the qdbus command:
$ pacman -S qtchooser $ ln -sf /etc/xdg/qtchooser/4.conf /etc/xdg/qtchooser/default.conf
See forum discussion []