Revision as of 16:09, 4 February 2011 by Nemamradfazole (→Installation & Configuration: Change of the setting of ntop's admin password to a more secure way (without typing password directly as a part of a command).)
Installation & Configuration
- Ntop is available in the Extra repository:
# pacman -S ntop
- During the first run of ntop, you must set the admin password:
- Next, start the ntop service:
# /etc/rc.d/ntop start
- Also, if preferred, add ntop to DAEMONS list in /etc/rc.conf to start process automatically at boot.
Tips & Tricks
Access ntop web interface
- To access ntop's web interface, enter http://127.0.0.1:3000/ into your web browser. To make changes to the server, you will need to enter your username (default = admin) and password.
**ERROR** RRD: Disabled - unable to create base directory (err 13, /var/lib/ntop/rrd)
Directory may not exist. Create it and make sure it belongs to user nobody