Revision as of 18:02, 10 June 2011 by Pointone (Bot: Removing from Category:HOWTOs (English))
Installation & Configuration
- Ntop is available in the Extra repository:
# pacman -S ntop
- During the first run of ntop, you must set the admin password:
- Next, look at /etc/conf.d/ntop for configure the network interface, what you want to use.
- Next, start the ntop service:
# /etc/rc.d/ntop start
- Also, if preferred, add ntop to DAEMONS list in /etc/rc.conf to start process automatically at boot.
- The configuration file is located at /etc/conf.d/ntop
Tips & Tricks
Access ntop web interface
- To access ntop's web interface, enter http://127.0.0.1:3000/ into your web browser. To make changes to the server, you will need to enter your username (default = admin) and password.
**ERROR** RRD: Disabled - unable to create base directory (err 13, /var/lib/ntop/rrd)
Directory may not exist. Create it and make sure it belongs to user nobody