Ntop is a network traffic probe that offers RMON-like network traffic statistics via a web browser.
Installation & Configuration
- Ntop is available in the Extra repository
# pacman -S ntop
- Before running ntop, you must set the admin password while logged in as root (or via sudo)
# ntop --set-admin-password=password
- Next, start the ntop service:
# /etc/rc.d/ntop start
- Also, if preferred, add ntop to DAEMONS list in /etc/rc.conf to start process automatically at boot
ntop web interface
- To access ntop's web interface, enter http://127.0.0.1:3000/ into your web browser. To make changes to the server, you will need to enter your username (admin) and password.