Ntop is a network traffic probe based on libcap, that offers RMON-like network traffic statistics accessible via a web browser. See ntop.org for an overview.
Installation & Configuration
- Ntop is available in the Extra repository:
# pacman -S ntop
- Before running ntop, you must set the admin password:
# ntop --set-admin-password=password
- Next, start the ntop service:
# /etc/rc.d/ntop start
- Also, if preferred, add ntop to DAEMONS list in /etc/rc.conf to start process automatically at boot.
Using The Software
Access ntop web interface
- To access ntop's web interface, enter http://127.0.0.1:3000/ into your web browser. To make changes to the server, you will need to enter your username (default = admin) and password.