PDF, PS and DjVu
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: PDF forms support:
- AUR is able to save both AcroForms and XFA forms into PDF files.
- Poppler-based readers such as   and support AcroForms, but not full XFA forms.
- For CJK(Chinese, Japanese, Korean) support in poppler-based readers such as and , install . poppler-data is an optional dependency of poppler which is an indirect dependency of evince and okular.
- fbgs — Poor man's PostScript/pdf viewer for the linux framebuffer console.
- fbpdf — Small framebuffer PDF and DjVu viewer based off of MuPDF, with Vim keybindings and written in C
- Ghostscript — convert into PDF, reduce size of PDF documents with eg
gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dPDFSETTINGS=/screen -dNOPAUSE -dQUIET -dBATCH -sOutputFile=output.pdf input.pdf
- JFBView — Framebuffer PDF and image viewer. Features include Vim-like controls, zoom-to-fit, a TOC (outline) view, fast multi-threaded rendering and asynchronous pre-caching. Originally a fork of fbpdf called jfbpdf, now completely rewritten.
- pdfgrep — Commandline utility to search text in PDF files.
- pdf2djvu — Creates DjVu files from PDF files.
- pdf2svg — Convert PDF files to SVG files.
Note: Some web browsers have support for displaying PDF files, either built-in or via plugin.
- Adobe Reader — Proprietary PDF file viewer offered by Adobe. Development stopped for Linux.
- apvlv — Lightweight document viewer with Vim keybindings. Supports PDF, DjVu, UMD and TXT.
- Atril — Simple multi-page document viewer for MATE. Supports DjVu, DVI, EPS, EPUB, PDF, PostScript, TIFF, XPS and Comicbook.
- DjView — Viewer for DjVu documents.
- ePDFView — Lightweight PDF document viewer using the Poppler and GTK+ libraries. Development stopped.
- Evince — Document viewer for GNOME. Supports DjVu, DVI, EPS, PDF, PostScript, TIFF, XPS and Comicbook.
- Foxit Reader — Small, fast (compared to Acrobat) proprietary PDF viewer.
- GNOME Documents — Document manager application for GNOME with PDF, DVI, XPS, PostScript, Microsoft Office, LibreOffice and Google Docs support.
- gv — Graphical user interface for the Ghostscript interpreter that allows to view and navigate through PostScript and PDF documents.
- llpp — Very fast PDF reader based off of MuPDF, that supports continuous page scrolling, bookmarking, and text search through the whole document.
- MuPDF — Very fast EPUB, FictionBook, PDF, XPS and Comicbook viewer written in portable C. Features CJK font support.
- Okular — Universal document viewer for KDE. Supports CHM, Comicbook, DjVu, DVI, EPUB, FictionBook, Mobipocket, ODT, PDF, Plucker, PostScript, TIFF and XPS.
- pdfpc — Presenter console with multi-monitor support for PDF files.
- qpdfview — Tabbed document viewer. It uses Poppler for PDF support, libspectre for PS support, DjVuLibre for DjVu support, CUPS for printing support and the Qt toolkit for its interface.
- Xpdf — Viewer that can decode LZW and read encrypted PDFs.
- Xreader — Document viewer part of the X-Apps Project. Supports DjVu, DVI, EPUB, PDF, PostScript, TIFF, XPS, Comicbook.
- Zathura — Highly customizable and functional document viewer (plugin based). Supports PDF, DjVu, PostScript and Comicbook.
- Cournal — Collaborative note taking and journal application using a stylus. It allows multiple users to annotate PDF files in real-time.
- Xournal — Application for notetaking, sketching and keeping a journal using a stylus. Capable of annotating existing PDF files as well.
- Xournal++ — Notetaking software designed around a tablet. C++ rewrite of Xournal with PDF annotation support.
- Master PDF Editor — Functional proprietary PDF editor. Free for non-commercial use.
- PDF Chain — Graphical interface allowing to manipulate PDF documents (concatenate, burst, watermark, attach files...).
- PDF Mix Tool — Application to split, merge, rotate and mix PDF files.
- PDF Mod — Reorder, rotate, and remove pages, export images from a document, edit the title, subject, author, and keywords, and combine documents via drag and drop.
- PDFsam — Merge, split, rotate, convert, edit, sign PDF files.
- PDF-Shuffler — Combine, split, rotate and reorder PDF documents. Uses Python and GTK2.
- PDF Studio — All-in-one proprietary PDF editor similar to Adobe Acrobat.