Difference between revisions of "PacketTracer"
m (+ i18n, stub)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== The easy way ==
== The easy way ==
Revision as of 10:34, 16 December 2011
The easy way
You can just download the generic version (when you are logged in) and install it like any other program.
You should have installed the package group base-devel before (pacman -S base-devel).
- Download PacketTracer532_Generic_Fedora.tar.gz (you can find this package with google)
- Download https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pa/packettracer/packettracer.tar.gz:
- Extract packettracer.tar.gz and go into that directory:
tar -xzf packettracer.tar.gz cd packetracer
- Put PacketTracer532_Generic_Fedora.tar.gz into that directory.
- Run makepkg as a normal user:
- The Package is now build and you could install it for your platform (as root):
pacman -U packettracer-5.3.2-2-i686.pkg.tar.xz
pacman -U packettracer-5.3.2-2-amd64.pkg.tar.xz
The hard (old) way
PacketTracer is an application from Cisco that allows network simulations and training using Cisco/Linksys products (like routers/switches/wireless hardware).
I used to run it under Wine but the Linux version is now available; unfortunately it is only for Ubuntu/Debian and Fedora/Red Hat.
But of course it can be installed on Arch (what can't you do with Arch? :)) with a little work.
- Run the installer. While it displays the license agreement, DO NOT DO ANYTHING! Go to another terminal and run
find /tmp -iname *.deb
- Grab the .deb file, put it somewhere (like Template:Filename) and issue this command:
bsdtar -xf PacketTracer-5.0-u.i386.deb data.tar.gz
- Decompress the data.tar.gz file, it will create a folder Template:Filename within the currently directory, and within Template:Filename there is a folder 'PacketTracer5'. Move it to Template:Filename.
- To run:
libQt3Support.so.4.3.3 -> /usr/lib/libQt3Support.so.4 libQtCore.so.4.3.3 -> /usr/lib/libQtCore.so.4.3.3 libQtGui.so.4.3.3 -> /usr/lib/libQtGui.so.4.3.3 libQtNetwork.so.4.3.3 -> /usr/lib/libQtNetwork.so.4 libQtSql.so.4.3.3 -> /usr/lib/libQtSql.so.4 libQtXml.so.4.3.3 -> /usr/lib/libQtXml.so.4