< PacmanJump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 18:01, 22 August 2011 by IsaacG (Created page with "(Work in progress) [http://allanmcrae.com/2011/08/pacman-package-signing-2-pacman-key/ pacman-key background] To disable PGP key checking completely, add the following line to...")
(Work in progress)
To disable PGP key checking completely, add the following line to /etc/pacman.conf
SigLevel = Never
Setting up the pacman-key gpg key storage
Run: sudo pacman-key --init
Adding a key
I don't actually know what I'm doing, but this seemed to work for me.
- Find a developer's key: visit the developers page and click on a PGP Key link.
- Find the line that starts with "pub" and click the link on that line. That should give you the signature file.
- Place the entire key block starting from "-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----" until "-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----" (including those lines) into file, key.pgp
- Run `sudo pacman-key -a key.pgp` to add the key to the keyring.
- pacman-key -l will list the keys you added
That's all I figured out so far.