Difference between revisions of "AUR helpers/Graphical"
m (→Pacman Frontends)
|Line 162:||Line 162:|
A very simple 14 line shell script that displays the number of available updates in the dzen2 title window and a list of these updates in the slave window.
A very simple 14 line shell script that displays the number of available updates in the dzen2 title window and a list of these updates in the slave window. yaourt, dzen2 and inotify-tools.
*AUR Package Details:
*AUR Package Details:
= Inactive Software Packages =
= Inactive Software Packages =
Revision as of 01:59, 30 August 2011
This is a list of Pacman GUI frontends for the pacman CLI tool, a Pacman / AUR Package Browser, and a variety of System Tray Notifiers. The list also includes catagories for Gtk2 based and Qt based software.
- 1 Pacman Frontends
- 2 Pacman / AUR Package Browser
- 3 System Tray Notifiers
- 4 Inactive Software Packages
Wakka is a gtk based package manager for Arch Linux, derived from the work done on GtkPacman. The goal is to clean up the code and rework the program to be stable and extensible.
GNOME PackageKit is a distribution-agnostic collection of utilities for managing packages. Using the pacman-glib backend (still in development), it supports the following features:
- Install and remove packages from the repos.
- Periodically refresh package databases and prompt for updates.
- Install packages from tarballs.
- Search for packages by name, description, category or file.
- Show package dependencies, files and reverse dependencies.
- Ignore IgnorePkgs and hold HoldPkgs.
- Report optional dependencies, .pacnew files, etc.
You can change the remove operation from -Rc to -Rsc by setting the GConf key /apps/gnome-packagekit/enable_autoremove.
- Occasionally the packagekit daemon will hang when install scripts are being processed. If this happens, the packagekitd process should have a child process also named packagekitd, which has another child named sh. It is safe to kill the child packagekitd process provided that the sh process is a zombie. However, the output of the install script will be lost. This problem will be resolved in pacman 3.5.
- Sometimes an error will occur but won't be reported by GNOME PackageKit.
- PackageKit does not find the repositories if the
Architectureoption is set to
/etc/pacman.conf. Change this option to
Architecture = i686resp.
Architecture = x86_64to fix this.
pacman -S gnome-packagekit gnome-settings-daemon-updates
If you do not wish to install PulseAudio, you can install Template:Package AUR from the AUR.
KPackageKit is a GUI front-end for pacman. It interfaces pacman through pacman-glib and packagekit-qt. This graphical tool allows to do the following from KDE's systemsettings:
- Install/remove/upgrade packages
- Search packages / filter packages
- Retrieve package info
- Refresh package database
- Choose which repositories will be updated
- Automatically refresh database (Hourly, daily etc.)
- Automatically update packages
KPackageKit is relatively new as a front-end for pacman, and it works with no major problems, providing ease of use, simplicity and good integration with KDE (and PolicyKit).
AppSet is an advanced and feature rich GUI front-end for Package Managers. AppSet has the following features:
- Software sections (games, office, multimedia, internet etc.)
- Shows homepages for selected packages in an embedded web browser
- Shows distributions news with an embedded feed reader
- Upgrades, installs and removes packages
- Shows available upgrades with a Tray Icon
- Updates database periodically
- Informs about dependencies (for example when trying to remove a package needed by others)
- Cache clean command (to free disk space)
- Intelligent launcher that uses what is already installed to get administrative privileges (by searching for kdesu, gksu or at last for an xterm where it starts with a sudo command)
- Now with AUR support with Packer as backend
AppSet needs only QT libs as dependence for installation. It can be used in any desktop environment. Currently only works for Archlinux using pacman.
AUR Package: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=43869
Package management in a curses frontend, including:
- regexp filtering and searching any package property
- customizable colorcoding
- customizable sorting
- external command execution with package list string replacements
- user defined macros and hotkeys
Pacman / AUR Package Browser
Pkgbrowser is an application for searching and browsing Arch packages, showing details on selected packages.
- Search and browse Arch packages including the AUR
- Purely an informational application that cannot be used to install, remove or update packages
- By design, is an accessory to CLI package management via pacman
- Further details on use via manual accessed from help menu
System Tray Notifiers
archup is a small C application which informs the user when system-updates for Archlinux are available. Archup uses GTk+ and libnotify to show a desktop notification if updates are available.
- Homepage: archup, http://www.nongnu.org/archup/
- AUR Package Details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=35792
- Screenshots: http://www.nongnu.org/archup/, http://developer.berlios.de/dbimage.php?id=4687 , http://developer.berlios.de/dbimage.php?id=4688
aarchup is a fork of archup. Has the same options as archup plus a few other features. For differences between both please check changelog at the topic https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=119129
- Homepage: https://github.com/aericson/aarchup/
- AUR Package Details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49100
- Screenshots: http://i.imgur.com/yTNvg.png
Written in Ruby, uses Gtk. Shows an icon in the system tray and popup notifications (using libnotify) for new packages.
- Homepage: https://github.com/v01d/pacman-notifier/wiki
- AUR Package Details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=15193
- Screenshots: https://github.com/v01d/pacman-notifier/wiki
Pacupdate is a small application that notifies the user about new updates for Arch Linux. If Pacupdate finds out that a update is available, it will display a notification in SystemTray.
- Homepage: http://code.google.com/p/pacupdate/
- AUR Package Details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25082
Yapan - Yet Another Package mAnager Notifier - is written in C++ and Qt. It shows an icon in the system tray and popup notifications for new packages and supports other package manager like clyde or yaourt.
- Homepage: https://bitbucket.org/otsug/yapan/wiki/Home , https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=113078
- AUR Package Details: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=46213
- Screenshots: https://bitbucket.org/otsug/yapan/wiki/Home
PacMan frontend (tray update notifier) for GTK/GNOME/zenity/libnotify.
- AUR Package Details: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=25948
- Screenshots: http://show.harvie.cz/screenshots/zenman-screenshot-2.png
A very simple 14 line shell script that displays the number of available updates in the dzen2 title window and a list of these updates in the slave window. Depends on yaourt, dzen2 and inotify-tools.
- Homepage: http://pointfree.net/repo/?r=dzen2_scripts;a=headblob;f=/src/pkgnotify/pkgnotify.sh
- AUR Package Details:
- Screenshots: http://andreasbwagner.tumblr.com/post/853471635/arch-linux-update-notifier-for-dzen2