|Summary help replacing me|
|This article outlines the installation and some basic troubleshooting for the Pandora client, Pianobar.|
Pianobar is a free/open-source, console-based client for the personalized online radio Pandora.
- play and manage (create, add more music, delete, rename, ...) stations
- rate songs and explain why they have been selected
- upcoming songs/song history
- customize keybindings and text output
- remote control and eventcmd interface (send tracks to last.fm, for example)
- proxy support for listeners outside the USA
Pianobar can be installed from the Official Repositories with the package .
If you are experiencing sound/quality issues when running pianobar, and you are currently using ALSA as your sound driver, the following fix may be useful:
- Install ALSA page for more information. . See the
- Change the default libao driver from alsa to oss.
- Now to run pianobar:
$ aoss pianobar
- Alternatively, you can use pulseaudio.
Be sure to remove the dev=default option of the alsa driver or adjust it to specify a specific Pulse sink name or number.