This page is used for posting priority tasks for ArchWiki editors.
How to proceed
If you feel capable of editing Wiki pages, please see if you can manage tasks outlined in this article. General Todo page is here.
This is a list of current priority tasks, ordered by priority, of course. Don't bother reading the entire article. Pick the first task you like and work on it.
Fix category tree
We are now in the process of moving articles into appropriate categories of the new category tree.
The article about the Category tree is now considered obsolete. The complete ArchWiki category tree can be observed by going through the categories in the English section.
We need to identify and merge/delete duplicate articles. Discuss duplicates you've found here, or merge them if you know how. You may offer solutions and add pairs (or triplets, etc) of duplicate articles here.
List of discovered duplicate articles
- Lineak and Extra Keyboard Keys - Lineak article should probably be converted into one section within Extra Keyboard Keys. --foxbunny 07:23, 6 December 2006 (EST)
- The Arch Linux Repositories / Official Repositories --byte 19:26, 11 December 2006 (EST)
Add article summary boxes to all ArchWiki articles
This HUGE project is going to be next (this decision is subject to debate, though) after above two tasks are complete. I will add more details once this task makes it into "Current" tasks. :) --foxbunny 07:04, 6 December 2006 (EST)
Please be advised that Foxbunny (leave all comments on his talk page) has undertaken a massive move into categories under Category:English. Non-english pages will be left behind in their current locations. Please follow i18n links to locate the exact category of english pages. --foxbunny 12:04, 7 November 2006 (EST)
NOTE: Non-English content should be dealt by respective translators once the English content is moved. --foxbunny 04:25, 11 November 2006 (EST)
- Started moving pages from Category:XServer to Category:X Server (English). Some i8n stuff still left over, not sure how to deal with that. -- tardo. 10 Nov 2005, 23:30 (EST)
- What I'm trying to do is run through the uncategorized pages list and drop each worthy article into it's somewhat proper category. After that it should be easier to edit/move by going into each category. - tardo 10:24 10 November 2006 (EST)
- I am writing a new Fonts page on the basis on the old one, the Fonts FAQ and Adding fonts pages. This will make the latter two obsolete. --firmicus 07:58, 20 November 2006 (PST)
- I've started moving the Arch64 articles. I still need to check if they have the 'type' tags. --Snowman 21:39, 22 January 2007 (EST)
- Category:Audio/Video of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages. The pages that were there were all moved into appropriate categories, and some have been renamed. Please update your links (the old titles will redirect to new ones until further notice) and move translations as well. --foxbunny 10:23, 7 November 2006 (PST)
- Category:Package Management of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages except for the Category:AUR subcategory. --foxbunny 16:19, 8 November 2006 (PST)
- Category:AUR of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages. --foxbunny 16:34, 8 November 2006 (PST)
- Category:Boot Process of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages. --foxbunny 01:20, 11 November 2006 (PST)
- Category:Installation of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages. --foxbunny 09:09, 13 November 2006 (PST)
- Category:CD/DVD of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of ALL pages. --foxbunny 02:35, 15 November 2006 (PST)
- Category: Articles For Deletion done; every (CandidateForDeletion) got included --byte, 23-24 November 2006
- Category:Desktop of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages. --foxbunny 06:21, 6 December 2006 (EST)
- Category:Printing of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of ALL pages and the category was removed. --foxbunny 03:43, 6 December 2006 (PST)
- Category:Hardware has been cleaned of English pages. Subcategories are left intact, for now. --foxbunny 05:00, 6 December 2006 (PST)