This page is used for posting priority tasks for ArchWiki editors.
- 1 How to proceed
- 2 Advisory
- 3 Current tasks
- 4 Incoming tasks
- 5 Current progress
How to proceed
If you feel capable of editing Wiki pages, please see if you can manage tasks outlined in this article. General Todo page is here.
This is a list of current priority tasks, ordered by priority, of course. Don't bother reading the entire article. Pick the first task you like and work on it.
Fix category tree For Non-English sections
We are now in the process of moving articles into appropriate categories of the new category tree.
The article about the Category tree is now considered obsolete. The complete ArchWiki category tree can be observed by going through the categories in the English section.
We need to identify and merge/delete duplicate articles. Discuss duplicates you've found here, or merge them if you know how. You may offer solutions and add pairs (or triplets, etc) of duplicate articles here.
List of discovered duplicate articles
- ArchLinux(Português do Brasil) and ArchLinux (Português do Brasil) --Snowman 20:26, 26 January 2007 (PST)
Possible obsolete articles
- Blacklist of modules hotplug daemon should not load and Replacing Hotplug with LSHWD - Arch doesn't use hotplug anymore. Should we remove this or keep it for historical reasons, etc? --Snowman 17:59, 24 January 2007 (PST)
- Wireless autodetect boot script - I don't use wireless but from the first comment it seems obsolete. --Snowman 23:58, 24 January 2007 (EST)
- Czech - dp posted this comment: 'MARKED TO BE MIGRATED TO OTHER PAGES AND THEN DELETED'. As it's in czech, I don't know if it has been done. --Snowman 00:03, 27 January 2007 (EST)
Add article summary boxes to all ArchWiki articles
This HUGE project is going to be next (this decision is subject to debate, though) after above two tasks are complete. I will add more details once this task makes it into "Current" tasks. :) --foxbunny 07:04, 6 December 2006 (EST)
- Only the Non-english pages remain to be moved. I'll do the French ones and perhaps some non-english ones has I already moved some of these. --Snowman 00:19, 26 January 2007 (EST)
Please be advised that Foxbunny (leave all comments on his talk page) has undertaken a massive move into categories under Category:English. Non-english pages will be left behind in their current locations. Please follow i18n links to locate the exact category of english pages. --foxbunny 12:04, 7 November 2006 (EST)
NOTE: Non-English content should be dealt by respective translators once the English content is moved. --foxbunny 04:25, 11 November 2006 (EST)
- Started moving pages from Category:XServer to Category:X Server (English). Some i8n stuff still left over, not sure how to deal with that. -- tardo. 10 Nov 2005, 23:30 (EST)
- What I'm trying to do is run through the uncategorized pages list and drop each worthy article into it's somewhat proper category. After that it should be easier to edit/move by going into each category. - tardo 10:24 10 November 2006 (EST)
- I am writing a new Fonts page on the basis on the old one, the Fonts FAQ and Adding fonts pages. This will make the latter two obsolete. --firmicus 07:58, 20 November 2006 (PST)
- Lineak and Extra Keyboard Keys - Lineak article should probably be converted into one section within Extra Keyboard Keys. --foxbunny 07:23, 6 December 2006 (EST)
- I have just integrated the Lineak article into the Extra Keyboard Keys article. However, I have not been able to place a redirect in the Lineak page pointing to the Lineak section of the Extra Keyboard Keys page(the # in front of the redirect command treats the command as a numbering signal). --Ravster 22:15, 25 April 2007 (EDT)
- I created the Lineak redirect. Snowman 19:58, 30 April 2007 (EDT)
- Faster_Pacman_Downloads and Improve_Pacman_Performance --Snowman 21:50, 22 January 2007 (PST)
- These have been merged by xabbott. --Snowman 18:45, 31 January 2007 (EST)
- The Arch Linux Repositories / Official Repositories --byte 19:26, 11 December 2006 (EST)
- I'll eventually take care of the repo duplicate. I'll probably keep the repo descriptions in Official Repositories and create a new article that will only contain the historicals facts from The Arch Linux Repositories --Snowman 19:06, 22 January 2007 (PST)
- Maybe merging them would be better after all... --Snowman 02:52, 29 January 2007 (EST)
- Merged the 2 articles in Official Repositories --Snowman 20:58, 29 January 2007 (EST)
- ALL English pages have been moved to their respective categories. :) --Snowman 00:20, 26 January 2007 (EST)
- Category:HowTos has been cleaned of ALL English pages. And all the empty subcategories have been removed. --Snowman 18:34, 24 January 2007 (PST)
- Category:Security and Category:Permissions has been cleaned of English pages. --Snowman 22:13, 22 January 2007 (PST)
- Category:Audio/Video of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages. The pages that were there were all moved into appropriate categories, and some have been renamed. Please update your links (the old titles will redirect to new ones until further notice) and move translations as well. --foxbunny 10:23, 7 November 2006 (PST)
- Category:Package Management of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages except for the Category:AUR subcategory. --foxbunny 16:19, 8 November 2006 (PST)
- Category:AUR of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages. --foxbunny 16:34, 8 November 2006 (PST)
- Category:Boot Process of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages. --foxbunny 01:20, 11 November 2006 (PST)
- Category:Installation of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages. --foxbunny 09:09, 13 November 2006 (PST)
- Category:CD/DVD of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of ALL pages. --foxbunny 02:35, 15 November 2006 (PST)
- Category: Articles For Deletion done; every (CandidateForDeletion) got included --byte, 23-24 November 2006
- Category:Desktop of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of English pages. --foxbunny 06:21, 6 December 2006 (EST)
- Category:Printing of the ex-HOWTOs page has been cleaned of ALL pages and the category was removed. --foxbunny 03:43, 6 December 2006 (PST)
- Category:Hardware has been cleaned of English pages. Subcategories are left intact, for now. --foxbunny 05:00, 6 December 2006 (PST)