Revision as of 20:39, 9 December 2009 by Samkpo
How do I create a PDF from PS the easy way?
This page should help people who are asking themselves (maybe for the second, third or n-th time) this question and maybe found the answer once but never have written this somewhere or remembered correctly.
One command does it all:
ps2pdf -sPAPERSIZE=a4 -dOptimize=true -dEmbedAllFonts=true YourPSFile.ps
- ps2pdf is the wrapper to ghostscript Template:Sn
- with -sPAPERSIZE=something you define the paper size Template:Sn
- -dOptimize=true let's the created PDF be optimised for loading
- -dEmbedAllFonts=true makes the fonts look always nice
- you cannot choose the paper orientation in ps2pdf. If your input PS file is healthy, it already contains the orientation information. If you are trying to use an Encapsulated PS file, you will have problems, if it does not fit in the -sPAPERSIZE you specified, because EPS files usually do not contain paper orientation informaiton. a workaround is creating a new paper in ghostscript settings (call it e.g. "slide") and use it as -sPAPERSIZE=slide