Difference between revisions of "Samsung R20P"
(http -> https://aur.archlinux.org)
(remove language suffix from Category:Samsung (English), see Talk:Table of Contents#English Category Names: Capitalization and Conflict with i18n)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
=== Hardware specification ===
=== Hardware specification ===
Revision as of 13:10, 23 April 2012
- LCD - 14.1" WXGA Glare TFT screen
- CPU - Intel Core Duo T2330 @ 1.60Ghz
- RAM - 2GB DDR2 (2 slots)
- VGA - ATi Radeon Xpress 1250
- HDD - 160GB SATA Samsung HM160HIS
- CD/DVD - TS-L632H DL DVD+-RW SuperMulti
- Audio - Realtek ALC262
- Battery - 2600mAh LION / ~1.5-2h battery life
- Audio In / Mic In
- 3 USB 2.0 Ports
- Sony Memory Stick Reader
- 1 VGA Out port
- 1 RJ-45
- 1 RJ-11
- 1 Express Card slot
For installation I used both i686 and x86_64 2008.06 "Core" images. Installation of the system was very smooth, but to have a plesant experience with Arch Linux on this laptop I needed to tweak it a bit.
This laptop requires a bit tweaking to make it work without glitches on Arch Linux.
If you get hda-intel: Invalid position buffer, using LPIB read method instead message from dmesg or /var/log/everything.log edit your /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf as root and write :
options snd-hda-intel enable=1 index=0 position_fix=1
See the Touchpad Synaptics page for instructions. Currently there are some issues with the touchpad which causes enormus CPU usage, freezes and lock-ups. To fix that open, again as root, /boot/grub/menu.lst and in the end of kernel section write :
Instructions before Kernel 2.6.27
- Remove any Ndiswrapper and wpa supplicant and madwifi related stuff, except the madwifi-utils package.
- Compile and Install the madwifi-newhal-svn driver from the AUR
- Blacklist the ath5k module in /etc/rc.conf line MODULES by adding the exclamation mark (!) before it.
- Add :
options ath_pci countrycode=
to /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf and place your country code after the equal sign.
- Install netcfg2, pacman -S netcfg2/core and visit Network Profiles for more instructions.
- After all of that has been done, reboot and your Wifi card should appear as ath0 (use ifconfig -a)
- For more info use the dmesg command in terminal
Proper resolution of the secondary monitor is detected after an X server restart using open source (xf86-video-ati) driver.
- Suspend and Hibernation doesn't work with gnome-power-utils, but they work with pm-utils.
- Fn keys currently do not work with radeonhd driver, but they work with fglrx , but not all of them.
- Express Card
Output of lscpi -nn
00:00.0 Host bridge : ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Xpress 7930 Host Bridge [1002:7930] 00:01.0 PCI bridge : ATI Technologies Inc RS7932 PCI Bridge [1002:7932] 00:05.0 PCI bridge : ATI Technologies Inc Device [1002:7935] 00:06.0 PCI bridge : ATI Technologies Inc RS7936 PCI Bridge [1002:7936] 00:07.0 PCI bridge : ATI Technologies Inc Device [1002:7937] 00:12.0 SATA controller : ATI Technologies Inc SB600 Non-Raid-5 SATA [1002:4380] 00:13.0 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 USB (OHCI0) [1002:4387] 00:13.1 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 USB (OHCI1) [1002:4388] 00:13.2 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 USB (OHCI2) [1002:4389] 00:13.3 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 USB (OHCI3) [1002:438a] 00:13.4 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 USB (OHCI4) [1002:438b] 00:13.5 USB Controller [0c03]: ATI Technologies Inc SB600 USB Controller (EHCI) [1002:4386] 00:14.0 SMBus [0c05]: ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 SMBus Controller [1002:4385] (rev 14) 00:14.1 IDE interface : ATI Technologies Inc SB600 IDE [1002:438c] 00:14.2 Audio device : ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 Azalia (Intel HDA) [1002:4383] 00:14.3 ISA bridge : ATI Technologies Inc SB600 PCI to LPC Bridge [1002:438d] 00:14.4 PCI bridge : ATI Technologies Inc SBx00 PCI to PCI Bridge [1002:4384] 01:05.0 VGA compatible controller : ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Xpress 1250 [1002:7942] 05:00.0 Ethernet controller : Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter [168c:001c] (rev 01) 0b:05.0 Ethernet controller : Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ [10ec:8139] (rev 10)