Samsung Series 7 Slate XE700T1A
- CPU: Intel® Core™ i5 Processor 2467M (1.6GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
- Memory: 4GB DDR3 System Memory at 1333MHz
- Hard-Drive: 64GB Solid-state Drive (128GB is also available)
- Screen: 11.6" LCD (1366x768)
- Integrated Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 3000
- Touchscreen: Atmel maXTouch Digitizer (10 points)
- WiFi: Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6230, 2 x 2 802.11abg/n
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0
The wireless chip works out of the box. However, if you put the networkmanager deamon before gdm, it can sometimes cut out.
The xf86-video-intel driver works well with no xorg.conf. After installing xorg,
pacman -S xf86-video-intel
The touch screen works out of the box (all-be-it only single touch) withand the pen works almost perfectly with .
In order to get the pen button to emulate a right click, go into the Wacom settings in System Preferences.
So far I have not been able to get Multitouch working, however, I feel I am getting close. After installing AUR, I was able to get the computer to recognise multiple touches when I ran as rootAUR from the
# utouch-frame-test-mtdev /dev/input/event8
If your device is not /dev/input/event8, then you can find out the location, buy running
# xinput # xinput list-props 13
Replace 13 with the ID of hte Atmel maXTouch Digitizer. The Device Node should give you the path to the device.
After installing Gnome, the sound works without any extras. The rocker buttons on the side also work without any problems.
The to get the webcam to work,is required.