Talk:ASUS Zenbook UX303
Link to kernels builds including fix for the touchpad
I used your very good page on this laptop to have mine running a Debian distro. First of all, thanks a lot !
Since I haden't played with Linux since Slackware 11.0 years ago, it's a bit hard for me to remember how to compile the kernel and so on. I think it could be useful for users like me to put links to Mathias Gottschlag kernel builds (since bootable usb keys might not have up to date kernel images to have wifi working out of the box either).
I suggest you could temporarly add this 2 links to ubuntu bugtracker where Mathias provides builds of 3.17 and 3.19 kernels with his patch : https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1372609/comments/187 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1372609/comments/210
Anyway, excuse for my approximative english.
- Hi Tonus,
- thank's for your contribution, I updated the page.
- Lub (talk) 23:28, 27 February 2015 (UTC)
Does Bluetooth work out of the box or does it require installing another package? It was unclear in the wording of the article.
- Hi Liambluebox,
- Bluetooth works out of the box after the installation of the core/linux-firmware package
- Lub (talk) 17:33, 8 March 2015 (UTC)
- I had to configure bluemon to activate to have bluetooth integrated in KDE. Must say I run Debian testing instead of ArchLinux...
- Tonus (talk) 09:54, 10 March 2015 (UTC)
I've managed having it working with installing xserver-xorg-input-multitouch package and touchegg. It claims working with 5 fingers touch but not yet tested as far.
I will give a try to libinput what are the differences.
Someone mentions the battery information is inaccurate. While I cannot deny or confirm that battery automatically stops charging as a feature, I can confirm that this is the default behavior of a brand new battery.