Talk:Arch packaging standards
- What encoding (ascii ? UTF-8 ?) should be used for text files in submitted packages ? --Airbag 13:43, 15 August 2006 (PDT)
- Shouldn't we suggest using SHA1 hash and not the already broken one (MD5)? Tomato 15:47, 25 August 2010 (EDT)
- The section about custom variables ("_blah=blah") is misleading. Nowadays custom variables are a common practice since they can simplify and/or modularize the PKGBUILD a great deal. The parts where they are recommended to not to be used should be modified. --Det 13:13, 14 September 2010 (EDT)
- Please change "Arch CVS & SVN PKGBUILD guidelines" in "CVS/SVN Packages" to reflect linked page new name "VCS PKGBUILD Guidelines". Also "CVS/SVN Packages" section name could be renamed to reflect new VCSes to "VCS Packages" or user friendlier "SVN/GIT/HG Packages" (CVS out of interest). --Vojtech 12:53, 9 February 2011 (EST)
Proposed revision (shouldn't this already be added...?)
file, or alternatively by exporting the PACKAGER environment variable before building packages with makepkg:
$ export PACKAGER="John Doe@email"
depending on which architectures it can be built on.
You can also use State 'any' for architecture independent packages.
- Add 'custom' to the licenses array. Optionally,
you canreplace 'custom' with 'custom:"name of license"'.
When pacman gets the ability to filter on licenses (i.e., make pacman download only GPL and BSD licensed software") dual (or more) licenses will be treated by pacman using 'or', rather than 'and' logic, thus pacman will consider ...
Submitting Packages to the AUR
The submitted PKGBUILDs MUST NOT build applications already in any of the official binary repositories under any circumstances. Exception to this strict rule may only be packages having extra features enabled and/or patches in compare to the official ones. In such an occasion the pkgname array should be different to express that difference. This gets repeated word for word in #Packaging Standards
- I see no problem in repeating it here as regularly there are users not following that rule. Snowman
To ensure the security of pkgs submitted to the AUR please ensure that the md5sum values have been correctly filled. The md5sum's can b...
Be sure to read the above guidelines first-- important points are listed on this page that will not be repeated in the following guideline pages...