Talk:Arch is the best
Do you think a GTK implementation in Python would be a bit long to add to the article? Here it is:
#!/usr/bin/python import pygtk pygtk.require('2.0') import gtk import random class ArchIsTheBest: def __init__(self): window = gtk.Window(gtk.WINDOW_TOPLEVEL) window.set_title("Arch is the best!") window.set_size_request(500,250) window.connect("delete_event", self.delete_event) window.connect("destroy", self.destroy) vbox = gtk.VBox(False, 0) window.add(vbox) vbox.show() textview = gtk.TextView(buffer=None) textviewb = textview.get_buffer() textviewt = "Arch is the best" textviewb.set_text(textviewt) textview.set_editable(False) textview.set_cursor_visible(False) textview.set_wrap_mode(True) vbox.pack_start(textview, True, True, 0) textview.show() button = gtk.Button(stock=gtk.STOCK_CLOSE) button.connect("clicked", lambda w: gtk.main_quit()) vbox.pack_start(button, False, False, 0) button.set_flags(gtk.CAN_DEFAULT) button.grab_default() button.show() window.show() def delete_event(self, widget, event, data=None): return False def destroy(self, widget, data=None): gtk.main_quit() def main(self): gtk.main() if __name__ == "__main__": archisthebest = ArchIsTheBest() archisthebest.main()
Also, is it possibly violating The Arch Way by providing a GUI to this application? I think it may just entice those Ubuntu users to jump ship to Arch if we provide this as a GUI, however it is definitely not 'simple'. Barrucadu 19:25, 13 May 2008 (EDT)
Whilst the forum thread relating to this is fun, this page does not add anything meaningful to the Arch wiki, and I don't see how this page adheres to the wiki philosophy or Arch principles (KISS minimalism). Have flagged this page for deletion. Joetotale 05:42, 9 January 2011 (EST)
- I agree. I marked it for deletion some time ago, and didn't really feel like pursuing the subject because it would've been an exchange involving a grand total of 2 people.
- There's always some truth to irony, and 'Arch is the best' is implicit enough to survive undetected under the reach of armchair psychology! Lavandero 18:32, 10 January 2011 (EST)
- I DISagree ^_^. This is an interesting and fun project, and causes no harm for being here. Not only was the page created by an Arch developer, deletion has been removed before by a WIKI ADMIN "(unmarking for deletion (no rationale -- I think this is clever); marked for expansion; categorized)" I should probably put back on the expansion template. Enjoy life, have fun, don't hate on fun. Jmad980 21:27, 2 February 2011 (EST)
- ^_________^ Lavandero 22:06, 2 February 2011 (EST)
We need it in klingon language!!
- Done, maybe I writting incorrectly but in theory I use: Arch + Perfection + augmentative, aka 'Arch is more than perfect'--Jristz 06:12, 21 September 2013 (UTC)
Iso code brz, We need brithenig to e perfect