Difference between revisions of "Talk:CUPS"

From ArchWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (Other guy: Remove closed topic.)
(Device node permissions: new section)
Line 16: Line 16:
  
 
Removing the HostNameLookups double form the cups config file resolved my issue. Not sure why this used to solve instead of create problems.
 
Removing the HostNameLookups double form the cups config file resolved my issue. Not sure why this used to solve instead of create problems.
 +
 +
== Device node permissions ==
 +
 +
I got a problem after update of hplip / cups and foomatic. My printer not working anymore.
 +
 +
So I first check possible problems and read section Device node permissions. It's recommended to verify that permissions are 660. It was my case so I am looking to find another solution.
 +
 +
After a long time and read I was back to this section. I read also section below Device node permission troubleshooting. As my conf was with well permission I don't really read all carefully. It was the 3rd/4th time before I see the note about 666 permissions. I tried this and it's solved my problem.
 +
 +
So I think it would be great to make also a note on Device node permissions about 666. Because my conf look allright as writing in wiki, but in fact not.

Revision as of 23:09, 19 July 2012

Kernel modules

The whole Kernel modules section is confusing. Is it mandatory? What exactly should we do?

Print button greyed-out in GNOME print dialogs

As suggested by the Arch wiki, I used the

  1. HostNameLookups Double

option. However, that resulted in following error message: IP lookup failed - connection from localhost closed!

and I wasn't able to add printers via the CUPS web interface (internal server error)

It seems there is an outstanding bug with respect to the HostNameLookups: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4070+Qversion:%20-feature

Removing the HostNameLookups double form the cups config file resolved my issue. Not sure why this used to solve instead of create problems.

Device node permissions

I got a problem after update of hplip / cups and foomatic. My printer not working anymore.

So I first check possible problems and read section Device node permissions. It's recommended to verify that permissions are 660. It was my case so I am looking to find another solution.

After a long time and read I was back to this section. I read also section below Device node permission troubleshooting. As my conf was with well permission I don't really read all carefully. It was the 3rd/4th time before I see the note about 666 permissions. I tried this and it's solved my problem.

So I think it would be great to make also a note on Device node permissions about 666. Because my conf look allright as writing in wiki, but in fact not.