Talk:Code of conduct
Maybe make the section "correct" more clear
I'd like to see a clearer title for that section and add a little more on how users should effectively ask for help and report issues. ie they need to state the whole problem and what they have already tried as well as logs and error messages. how to report and ask smart questions are both great links.
- I don't think the ask smart questions is such a great link to give people. It's good for understanding our culture but it's not good for smooth relations with people asking questions. However, I do think how to report should be added; it's concise and to the point without risking antagonizing the person with a question. MacGyver (talk) 14:00, 24 June 2016 (UTC)
- I'm not sure I agree re. ESR. It is an exemplary exposition of the critical thinking required to effectively engage with a technical audience. I have no issues with people finding it difficult; this isn't a distro like Ubuntu where popularity is a consideration. Our focus is on contribution, so a degree of proficiency, or the desire to attain proficiency, is a prerequisite. Reading Smart Questions is a pretty good gauge of that willingness. Jasonwryan (talk) 06:58, 21 August 2016 (UTC)
List of proposed amendments
I am submitting below some minor points I have noticed going through the page for review by User:Alad or other staff:
- Change 50Kb into 50 kB: the internationally recommended unit symbol for the kilobyte is kB https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilobyte#cite_note-IEC80000-1
- If the staff in any of the fora feel that into considers that: staff is a collective noun and singular is generally used in US English. It involves the judgement of the staff rather than the feeling. Using plural can be appropriate in some circumstances (one can find debates around this topic in forums).
- This type of content is much better suited to a blog or other personal web space and are considered into is
- True freedom in this community is to cultivate benevolence toward others and harmonize our attitude with the Arch Way by bringing only benefit to our peers into true freedom in this community is to cultivate benevolence toward others and to harmonize our attitude with the Arch Way by bringing only benefits to our peers
- Thank you for doing this review. If these are the changes you've made, they should be applied again now - please check that. -- Lahwaacz (talk) 10:00, 11 November 2018 (UTC)