Unified Compiz article
Please consider merging this article with the one on "Compiz fusion"
- Compiz is not deprecated and compiz-fusion is an extension to compiz, not a replacement. Compiz-fusion uses compiz as a base. Please have a look at this document which explains the differences: http://wiki.compiz-fusion.org/CompizFusionVsCompiz
- chicha 07:17, 24 September 2007 (EDT)
- Thanks for the excellent link, Chicha! You're absolutely right and I'll update the wiki. ~thayer.w 7:07AM PST, Monday, 24 September 2007
I added a line at the top stating that people should move along to the Compiz Fusion article. I've seen dozens of people asking why stuff aint working jsut because they were reading the wrong article.
Whoops 18:31, 2 May 2009 (EDT) Is there still any reason left why this article shouldn't just be replaced by the one for compiz fusion? I can see, why people might want to install the gtk/kde decorator instead of emerald, so those could get mentioned, but is there anything in the rest?
- nTia89 06:46, 3 May 2009 (EDT) now COMPIZ-FUSION and COMPIZ ARE THE SAME PROJECT
- Whoops 10:37, 3 May 2009 (EDT) That's why I'm bringing this up again. So if noone has to say anything against merging the articles and noone who's more experienced with wiki's wants to do it, I'm going to try.
merged from Compiz_Fusion
Old discussion: Talk:Compiz_Fusion
Whoops 16:01, 11 May 2009 (EDT) Hope that worked so far, beginning to clean up soon.