Talk:Extra keyboard keys
Changaco, I appreciate the work you've done here by merging and categorizing the Hotkeys article. However, articles within the wiki should follow a standard format for the sake of consistency--and heavy revisions such as this one are perfect opportunities for such changes. That includes things like:
- Table of Contents should appear the top, above all text
- Articles should open with an Introduction and close with an Additional Resources (where applicable
- Headings (H1, H2, H3, H4, etc.) should be used logically, beginning at H1 (=SAMPLE=)
- I wasn't aware of these rules sorry. Tough I have to add that level 1 titles should not be used because <h1> HTML markup should be reserved to the page title. Trust me on that I know web development quite well.
- Changaco 12:49, 19 October 2008 (EDT)
- No worries, I'm a standards-based web designer myself. Multiple H1 titles is frowned upon in terms of SEO, but we're not as concerned about SEO optimization as we are about proper semantic organization of internal documentation--the Arch wiki is already one of the best indexed resources on Google. Thanks again for taking care of Hotkeys, it was growing into quite the behemoth!
- I understand the motivation. Note though that Wikipedia articles all use titles from level 2 and it's not a damn mess.
- My pleasure for the articles, it helped me get a picture of the whole linux key management system. Took my quite some time to reorganize/rewrite all this tough so I hope people will appreciate these pages.
- Changaco 14:49, 19 October 2008 (EDT)