Saw your almost-complete re-write here and on the Fonts page. Very nice work Manolo.
- --Gen2ly 00:39, 12 November 2009 (EST)
- Thanks. In all fairness, I didn't contribute any content. manolo 17:16, 12 November 2009 (EST)
- :rolleyes: --Gen2ly 17:46, 12 November 2009 (EST)
- lol i just moved stuff around, didnt add anything. manolo 17:51, 12 November 2009 (EST)
Suggestions for edits to this page.
Thoughts on merging with Fonts page
If the decision to merge is made, then it would be very helpful to leave a reference either here pointing to the "Fonts" page and/or on the Fonts page pointing here so anyone who uses this page as a reference for the font information can easily find it. Just a simple title and then something like "The Xorg Font Configuration Page" was merged with the "Fonts" page, now available at http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fonts.
For the combined title, 'Fonts' works, but it could also be something like 'Fonts & Xorg Font Configuration'.
- This page is about configuration, Fonts is about adding fonts. Lists go over there, troubleshooting goes here. I did this because otherwise it'd be a behemoth of an article. manolo 12:24, 11 November 2009 (EST)
The word "xtt" is used at the beginning but not defined. I must admit that I'm unfamiliar with it. - KitchM 10:29, 23 August 2009 (EDT)
New font option
With the new structure I made a file for /etc/fonts/conf.avail:
File: 11-no-anti-aliasing.conf <?xml version="1.0"?> <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd"> <fontconfig> <match target="pattern"> <edit name="antialias" mode="assign"><bool>false</bool></edit> </match> </fontconfig>
Which you have to symlink to /etc/fonts/conf.d
It works brilliantly. Gilneas 01:03, 26 October 2006 (PDT)Gilneas