Troubleshooting section revision
I'm attempting to rewrite this to a more formal English while also doing some reorganization. This will take some time. I know I'll make some mistakes and any corrections, rewordings, and edits are appreciated.
- --Thisoldman 08:47, 25 November 2009 (EST)
- The whole Troubleshooting section in a FAQ format didn't really fit in, pretty informal too. I'm also thinking that the 'Missing Characters' section can be removed (mostly this has to do with special language [not in unicode best way to put it?] fonts.
- Any thoughts about the GTK and QT section? Not sure if these are being used anymore.
- Nice work thus far.
- --Gen2ly 18:18, 25 November 2009 (EST)
- Installing missing fonts are the solution for the Mozilla Apps problems too. I'll leave both sections in for now. They're frequent problems judging from the forums. Perhaps there will be future article: Text, Fonts and Unicode
- I am removing the GTK and QT section. The change can be reverted, if we're mistaken.
- --Thisoldman 22:26, 25 November 2009 (EST)
- --Thisoldman 15:05, 26 November 2009 (EST)
Saw your almost-complete re-write here and on the Fonts page. Very nice work Manolo.
- --Gen2ly 00:39, 12 November 2009 (EST)
- Thanks. In all fairness, I didn't contribute any content. manolo 17:16, 12 November 2009 (EST)
- :rolleyes: --Gen2ly 17:46, 12 November 2009 (EST)
- lol i just moved stuff around, didnt add anything. manolo 17:51, 12 November 2009 (EST)
Suggestions for edits to this page.
The word "xtt" is used at the beginning but not defined. I must admit that I'm unfamiliar with it. - KitchM 10:29, 23 August 2009 (EDT)
fontconfig (2.8.0-1) does not disable bitmap fonts by default. It does not place the 70-no-bitmaps.conf softlink that the Font Configuration#Enable section suggests removing. Time 21:25, 5 December 2009 (EST)