Considerations before further commits
To keep content in the main articles/maintain this page as a neat link repository:
- #Emacs shell should belong in Emacs
- #grep, #ls and most of #Console improvements can go in a Basic Commands article.
- Other Bash content should be moved to Bash
All of these ^ become links
I copied most of this content (that I'm now asking to move) before realizing that the merger has more opportunities for improvement. Seeing that it's a major departure from Post Installation Tips/Beginners' Guide Appendix, I bring this up before changing too much. Thoughts? pwd 23:57, 19 December 2009 (EST)
- Completely agree on all points. I especially liked your idea of a coreutils or Core Utilities article, though I don't believe "grep" and "diff" are included in the coreutils package. Do you think enough could be said about "grep" to warrant a separate article?
- My plan of attack was to begin merging sections that are already covered in separate articles, then focus on splitting and merging remaining sections -- but, as they say, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Ideally though, this article should contain absolutely no real "content" (in my opinion). Even the "LILO" tip I'd like to split, despite it being a single line of text.
- I'm not sure what should happen to the "Recommended reading" section. Perhaps it can be converted into a preface or similar...
- -- pointone 12:44, 20 December 2009 (EST)
Doing layout first is a nice idea... good thinking.
--Gen2ly 14:16, 19 December 2009 (EST)