- I'm neutral; if nobody replies before the weekend you can try to add it and see if somebody finds it irrelevant... Maybe you'd be safer to add it in IRC channels though. — Kynikos (talk) 03:21, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
I think IRC channel and IRC channels are too similar — and thus confusing — titles, what do people think of renaming them to respectively "Official IRC channel" and "Unofficial IRC channels"? — Kynikos (talk) 03:23, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
- I completely agree with you, it is very confusing. Ideally, I wanted to rename "IRC channel" to "IRC", describing how to use IRC itself and available clients; and do not rename page "IRC channels", but move there info about all (official + unofficial) channels.
- I was thinking about your variant too. If you do not agree with my variant, then I want say, that renaming with your variant is better anyway than leaving titles as now. — Agent0 (talk|contribs) 11:08, 14 May 2015 (UTC)
- I've just remembered we discussed much of this in IRC channel and IRC channels. We can still rename IRC channels to Unofficial IRC channels though.
- I'm not sure about a generic IRC page (currently the title redirects to IRC channel), there are already many guides online; on the other hand, we are keeping articles like Git, and opposing an article about IRC usage would be incoherent IMO. For this reason I'm not going to oppose the idea, nor endorse it, so if nobody brings objections here, I suppose you can go ahead. You may even use IRC Collaborative Debugging as a starting point.
- — Kynikos (talk) 15:58, 15 May 2015 (UTC)