Talk:Install bundled 32-bit system in 64-bit system
Revision as of 17:02, 20 September 2010 by ThatWhistlepainter
- Is this article still necessary after the introduction of the [multimod] repository? --ThatWhistlepainter 13:02, 20 September 2010 (EDT)
- Why a C++ program in the "Execute 32bit apps" section for firefox?? Why not just a plain bash script??
- Which commands should be run as root and which as user? Confusing.... for example xhost is not sane as root.
- pppoe users should also link the /etc/ppp/resolv.conf:
sudo ln -f /etc/ppp/resolv.conf /opt/arch32/etc/ppp
- Why invoke xhost, anyway?
- The "edit your mirrorlist" part seems quite a dangerous thing to do, while you can have
pacman --config /point/somewhere/else
- The "alias wine='schroot -pqd "$(pwd)" -- wine'" part wont work. The reason is that if you run it without root priviliges, you will get (when removing the 'quiet' (q) flag):
E: Access not authorised I: You do not have permission to access the schroot service. I: This failure will be reported.
...but even if you run it _with_ sudo, you will get:
wine: /home/username/.wine is not owned by you
- DRI will fail to work at least in an chrooted Arch32 / wine enviroment if the appropriate dri package is not installed, although glxinfo will say something different.