Talk:VMware/Installing Arch as a guest
At this moment i am writing a large update, but for the time being:
- paravirtualisation (Intel VT / AMD-V) is not supported any longer in VMware products, except the long-time-not-update VMware Server
- use always vmxnet3 or e1000 adapter, unless you have a legacy vm (< hw version 7), the pcnet32 driver will not be loaded.
- mouse / keyboard issues fixed a long time ago
- have to test Unity again, but it need at least uniparser from [community]
- vmware-toolbox does not exist any longer
- vmhgfs problem solved
- vmci: can be or enabled, or restricted, not disabled. The output from dmesg is always the same !
I am updating the dutch page right now
- -- inktvis75 2012-03-17
Additional info while installing on VMWare player 6.0.1
I had to do a few additional things while installing on VMWare player wrt the Official VMWare tools. The kernel version was 3.12 and vmware player was 6.0.1. To highlight the points - I did not get the tools ISO with my VMware player installation and had to source it from one of the vmware websites. - The source for the vmci module had to be replaced with one which I found from the vmware forums in the tools . - A patch had to be applied vmhgfs module source If someone could let me know if any of this info would be qualify to go into the wiki then I can add them in. It might help someone trying to install on VMWare player. Nsmathew (talk) 07:26, 29 November 2013 (UTC) nsmathew