Talk:VMware/Installing Arch as a guest
At this moment i am writing a large update, but for the time being:
- paravirtualisation (Intel VT / AMD-V) is not supported any longer in VMware products, except the long-time-not-update VMware Server
- use always vmxnet3 or e1000 adapter, unless you have a legacy vm (< hw version 7), the pcnet32 driver will not be loaded.
- mouse / keyboard issues fixed a long time ago
- have to test Unity again, but it need at least uniparser from [community]
- vmware-toolbox does not exist any longer
- vmhgfs problem solved
- vmci: can be or enabled, or restricted, not disabled. The output from dmesg is always the same !
I am updating the dutch page right now
- -- inktvis75 2012-03-17