Rename to AUR kernels
I'd suggest to rename this page to "AUR_Kernels", updating the list (and dropping the core kernel26 entry, that anybody has installed anyway). The descriptions will need to be extended, though.
The AUR list as of 2008-04-18:
- The Linux Kernel and modules with gentoo-sources patchset and tuxonice support
- OpenVZ enabled Linux Kernel and modules
- The Linux Kernel and modules with Xen support
- The Linux Kernel and modules with fbcondecor support
- The Linux Kernel and modules, with the grsecurity patchset.
- The Linux Kernel and modules with Ingo Molnar's Realtime Preemption patch (see Kernel_Patches_and_Patchsets#-rt). Useful (or needed) when doing audio editing (esp. with jack-related apps).
- The Linux Kernel and modules, with IBM Thinkpad specifc patches.
- Linux Kernel and modules for Thinkpad
- Kernel supporting all important IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad features and providing tuxonice
- kernel + tuxonice patchset
- Linux Kernel and modules
- and featureful Linux Kernel and modules based on linux-2.6 GIT tree
"Patches and Patchsets" and "Kernel compilation" is added. So this page become a more general kernel info page. Fengchao 04:48, 18 February 2012 (EST)
- I don't think the merge from Kernel Compilation can be considered complete, in fact IMHO now the article should get a new title (just Kernel??) and the introduction should be adjusted. Also Kernel Compilation's subpages should be moved to the new title, and Talk:Kernel Compilation should be merged here.
- However I don't know if it was better having two separate articles as it was before (in this case also remember to undo  and ). Please share your opinions.
- -- Kynikos 16:50, 20 February 2012 (EST)
What is "Long" in the Arch world?
I suggest that some description of what "Long" means in the Arch world. A user can't make an informed decision as to the usefulness of an LTS package without knowing its projected lifespan. MichaelRpdx 10:32, 19 February 2012 (EST)