This article needs to include more explanatory information rather than an example of one user's configuration (which may or may not work?). -- pointone 11:41, 17 January 2011 (EST)
See also: Secure OpenLDAP Authentication for a Small Network. -- pointone 15:36, 16 February 2011 (EST)
- I think that a separate page "LDAP installation" should be created and the relevant topics from these two pages should get merged there. --bubla 16:00, 22 February 2011 (EST)
- OpenLDAP has just been created from part of LDAP Authentication, see diff.
- To sum up, now we have OpenLDAP, OpenLDAP Authentication and LDAP Authentication. Probably LDAP Authentication should have been just moved to OpenLDAP, and OpenLDAP Authentication should have been merged there. The three articles don't even seem to be well linked with each other, some work should be spent in reorganizing them a bit, or, like proposed, just merging them into one article.
- -- Kynikos 09:27, 7 January 2012 (EST)
- Also: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Small_Business_Server_%28Italiano%29/LDAP_Server
- I did a little cleanup of OpenLDAP and interlinking with the authentication. I don't use ldap for system authentication so can't help with the merge.
- I recommend the OpenLDAP article remain separate from any authentication article. ldap is used for so many things I think it's hard to have a one-size-fits-all article. Hauptmech 09:44, 15 January 2012 (EST)
- You've done a good job (although style could be improved a bit in OpenLDAP :P ), hopefully somebody who uses LDAP for authentication will take care of the merge between OpenLDAP Authentication and LDAP Authentication then. You're probably right however, authentication should be left separate from OpenLDAP. -- Kynikos 16:20, 16 January 2012 (EST)