We need to add a session under == Enabling Lightdm == for systemd. It would be like this:
LightDM comes packaged with a systemd service file. Simply run the following command.
systemctl enable lighdm.service
The next time you reboot, the display manager should run.
Can anyone confirm this to add to the wiki?
- I see your systemd info on four pages. Thanks for the effort. I will answer it here.
- While your text above is quite good, for now. But if those text exist for every service, it will be a huge duplication. When something changed, which is quite possible considering the early stage of systemd, you have to rework and change all of the again.
- Right now there is already a discussion on how to clean up daemon/service start up info on lots of pages. The conclusion is:
- * Add service start up instruction into Daemon
- * Create a start service page that simply redirects to Daemon
- * Use something like "For systemd, start service lighdm.service."
- You can start above work if you agree. If you have any idea, we can disscuss it here.
- -- Fengchao (talk) 06:07, 20 July 2012 (UTC)