Talk:List of games
The big merge
I roughly finished reorganizing the gaming articles.
- Moved Wine and Digital Distribution to Gaming.
- Moved Emulators to List of Applications/Other.
- Moved Netbook Games to List of Applications/Games.
- Merged all subpages of List of Applications/Games into one single page.
- Sorted the page by genre, then by name.
- Added some entries, like Valve's and Croteam's games.
There may be some mistakes, but I'm tired of editing this page for now. The descriptions of the new entries are rather poor, but I wasn't in the mood.
You will notice that I didn't respect Wikipedia categorization for the genres. Actually I tried first, then I came to the conclusion that it would be a complete non-sense. I just couldn't figure out where more than half of the games should fit. So I decided to leave existing genres.
The obsolete pages are still there and complete. I've added a Delete template on all of them. I was wondering how the deletion process happens on Arch Wiki: do we just remove the content and add a #REDIRECT to the right place?
I updated all english pages that were linking to the obsolete pages.
There is still a lot of games to add, like those from the Humble Bundles or from Steam.
- Impressive contribution!! Thank You <3
- Really, I also appreciate how tidy and organized you've been, even finishing the job with this enlightening summary, well done, this was a tough job ^^
- About the "deletion process", there are two possibilities: either redirect the pages as you suggest, or completely delete the titles; I'll go with the former, since those titles have been around for a while and they may have been linked from external resources; this way we're also keeping their history browseable by everybody.
- -- Kynikos (talk) 17:23, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks for the moral support! :p This was not easy, but not that hard either; it only took me a few hours. A good editor really helps (can't stand writing in a web browser anymore).
- You may have noticed that the formatting is strange for sub-entries (this is new in fact) like for Doom. The link is not properly aligned. I've tried with '**' but this is worse. The 'App' template may need to be fixed to support indentation.
- Thanks for the deletions by the way.
- -- Ambrevar (talk) 12:22, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
- Unfortunately the App template won't support indentation, this was discussed in . I guess the only viable alternatives are making subsections for Doom etc. or just listing the various spinoffs as normal applications (no indentation), I'll leave you the choice, unless you have other ideas. -- Kynikos (talk) 11:40, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
- Yes! I'm always in favor for a single page, less dispersive. But this page will become a very big long list. Are you sure it's fair to mention the games are not in the official repositories or AUR. I think that in this page there must be only games available on Arch Linux. At most you can do a section called "steam" where to put only the weblink to the list of steam games. At the end this is the Arch Wiki. Veleno (talk) 21:35, 18 July 2013 (UTC)