Hello GS63 owners,
I've tried to install archlinux on this laptop and but I couldn't make it work because Intel driver refuses to detect my LCD. Could you list your hardware configuration?
My model comes with a Intel kaby lake i7 7700HQ. Two graphics cards, a Intel HD graphics 630 and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 max Q. Both Intel i915 and nouveau driver fail to load.
Could you also state the last working kernel you've tried? That would help me a lot.
I currently have Arch running on my GS63VR (2016 model) with an i7-6700HQ processor and Nvidia GTX 1060 (6GB) graphics card. I am running kernel 4.13.3 (package linux-4.13.3-1). I am using bumblebee for video driver management with packages (installing in this order using pacman resolves package conflicts with the default selections):
- bumblebee (bumblebee-3.2.1-15)
- mesa (mesa-17.2.1-3)
- nvidia (nvidia-387.12-1)
- xf86-video-intel (xf86-video-intel-1:2.99.917+781+gc8990575-1)
- lib32-virtualgl (lib32-virtualgl-2.5.2-2
- lib32-nvidia-utils (lib32-nvidia-utils-387.12-1)
- bbswitch (bbswitch-0.8-80)