Purpose of this Page
To extend comments on changes and discuss restucturing.
Broken Apache Config June 2013
Researching a formum call for help I discovered the procedures, at least with respect to Apache intergration were broken. Links to maillist information pages were broken.
I worked out a solution for Watnuss and applied the changes to this page. I made the change Apache specific because:
- The lighttpd integration does work
- My nginx installation gives 502 errors and I can't verify if the procedures are correct.
- It seemed best to make a single change
RFC for re-organization
The current Mailman page violates KISS. Serving multiple domains email lists from a specially named host? Let's get a simple, single list for a single web domain up first.
Inserting a base config section to get the reader up and configured with the default mailman list and a custom named list all of which is accessed through http:// www.example.org/lists/ URL would seem to be an improvement. The introduce serving lists for other web spaces, etc.
You can present the single domain setup in another section, showed before than the multiple domains'. I understand your point, but I think it does not justifies the deletion of useful information from the wiki.
The difference between both setups are two lines of code; it takes seconds to go from multiple domains to single, and several minutes to hours to do the opposite, if you do not have the recipe.