"Things kinda slow? Buy more ram!" is really not the kind of advice anyone is looking for. And the CPU section (undervolting, etc.) isn't related to speed improvements, except fan control. This section is sorely lacking a link/howto to/for BFS.
--Gog 20:36, 24 October 2009 (EDT)
- To my knowledge keeping the CPU cool does not improve performance so I removed this part. I also removed the introduction about RAM. So, problems solved ?
- Changaco 11:25, 25 October 2009 (EDT)
- I'm not an expert, but doesn't overheating decrease performance? If it is, then preventing overheating should count as maximizing performance. If not, then the section is indeed irrelevant. I found this article saying it does for pentium 4 processors: http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/p4-temp.html . But as I said I'm no expert, so what do you think?
- I'm not an expert either, maybe we should undo my change but edit in order not to present this as an absolute truth.
- Changaco 14:13, 25 October 2009 (EDT)
- I think that fan control should be left in since it's generally considered to be related with overclocking.
And another thing: let's keep the article's title in tandem with the heading's cases... "Maximizing Performance" or "Maximizing [b]p[/b]erformance", the second one matches the headings...
- --Gog 19:22, 25 October 2009 (EDT)