Jump to navigation Jump to search
Why two methods
- netifrc. If you made a netifrc package and merged the services, I don't see the need for two methods either. This should probably be discussed on aur-general. -- Alad (talk) 16:41, 8 April 2015 (UTC) AUR keeps compability to other Arch packages, but has fewer service files than AUR and doesn't build
- According to the maintainer it's a cosmetic change. Either way, considering how often the "artoo way" breaks  and other incompabilities, I still argue for its removal.
- If there are any compelling arguments to keep documenting the "artoo way" please mention them in time. -- Alad (talk) 19:04, 16 June 2015 (UTC)
- Implemented, closing. -- Alad (talk) 12:58, 2 August 2015 (UTC)
- I think the "artoo way" is the most used for 2 reasons: 1) it's used by Manjaro. 2) it has an unofficial repository. The apg way, instead, doesn't have any repository nor a distribution that uses it. Moreover the openrc-arch-services are not updated since 1 year. Tredaelli (talk) 09:02, 3 August 2015 (UTC)
- But the apg way is broken too, for example the sshd openrc init script present in Tredaelli (talk) 14:45, 3 August 2015 (UTC) AUR doesn't work correctly, since the -d option of ssh-keygen is removed. At least Artoo fixes the scripts.