Difference between revisions of "Talk:Open Sound System"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
, it disorganized, then . . --[[User:Maskawanian|Maskawanian]] :, September 2009 (EDT)
* if you 't from wiki. --[[User:|]] :14 2009
the , and . the . , . --[[User:|]] :
, 2009 (EDT)
Revision as of 18:17, 20 October 2009
So, I think the page as it stands is disorganized, inconsistent, and information is spread out willy-nilly. Rather then just whining about it I have refractored the entire page. Hope everyone likes it, appologies for any spelling mistakes. --Maskawanian 17:58, 6 September 2009 (EDT)
- Very well, if you want it back to disorganized jumbed shit, then be my guest Gen2ly. Don't expect future help from me in this wiki. --Maskawanian 12:05, 14 September 2009 (EDT)
- The reason for reverting if you didn't see the note Maskawanian was mainly for not using wiki syntax. Warning boxes, custom css and lack code boxes break away from the layout of the wiki. Keeping the layout uniform across wiki pages helps people process the documentation better. Also instances of partiality. Though the organization is a good, the original put it in basic terms better. --Gen2ly 22:53 GMT 09-14-2009
Sorry, but the section about multimedia keys is not clear at all. What should I do with those scripts? Qeek 14:04, 19 June 2008 (EDT)
Also of note: installing OSSv4 disables the kernel modules for sound that ALSA uses. Can someone detail how this happens and how to restore the modules after removing OSS and installing ALSA? I had to reinstall the kernel to get the modules back, so if that is the case, let's add a section for removing OSS and going back to ALSA.bloodniece
- I don't think it does bloodniece, must be related to some other problem. There would be no reason to do.--Gen2ly 15:39, 22 June 2009 (EDT)
- The OSS .install defines an uninstall procedure that automatically runs when the package is uninstalled. Including re-placing any ALSA modules. Perhaps you could state that OSS conflicts with ALSA and that if you need to run ALSA later that the OSS package must be removed? --Maskawanian 02:05, 18 July 2009 (EDT)
KDE4 and OSS
I think we can drop the KDE4 chapter because KDE 4.2 supports OSS native.