I believe that this page should not be deleted because:
- there are always legacy systems
- systemd is far from complete
- pm-utils may be accepted by systemd, I believe
- some parts of this page are still relevant under systemd. For example, I added a reference here: Systemd#ACPI_power_management
- many pages may link here for relevant information
Any way to get synaptics driver to function properly after such restart? -- dpc, 18 Jul 2008
- I have only suspended-to-disk once, and I had to rmmod and modprobe appletouch, so maybe add the touchpad module to SUSPEND_MODULES? I'm just learning this as well. When I work out hibernation, I'll come back and fix this. -- thegnu, 10 Nov 08
- A little elaboration of the relationship between pm-utils, uswsusp, and hibernate-script would be really useful to clear up confusion --VitaminJ 10:23, 6 April 2010 (EDT)
"Locking the screen saver on hibernate or suspend" does not work
some sort of progress bar?
Anyone have a script to show some progress while storing to disk? (Not necessarily fancy graphics, just something more than a blinking underscore).--Unhammer 07:06, 18 August 2010 (EDT)
To get pm-hibernate to resume I had to add the "resume" hook to /etc/mkinitcpio.conf not the "uresume" like the page sugests.
Simple method to lock the screen
Someone added this to the "locking screen" section: "A simple method (possibly incorrect) is running the locker in background ans pm-suspend in the foreground coproc slock && pm-suspend". Why should we add a <<possibly incorrect>> method to our wiki page? --Nierro 11:32, 12 Semptember 2012 (EST)