Any way to get synaptics driver to function properly after such restart? -- dpc, 18 Jul 2008
- I have only suspended-to-disk once, and I had to rmmod and modprobe appletouch, so maybe add the touchpad module to SUSPEND_MODULES? I'm just learning this as well. When I work out hibernation, I'll come back and fix this. -- thegnu, 10 Nov 08
- A little elaboration of the relationship between pm-utils, uswsusp, and hibernate-script would be really useful to clear up confusion --VitaminJ 10:23, 6 April 2010 (EDT)
"Locking the screen saver on hibernate or suspend" does not work
some sort of progress bar?
Anyone have a script to show some progress while storing to disk? (Not necessarily fancy graphics, just something more than a blinking underscore).--Unhammer 07:06, 18 August 2010 (EDT)
To get pm-hibernate to resume I had to add the "resume" hook to /etc/mkinitcpio.conf not the "uresume" like the page sugests.
== Simple method to lock the screen ==
Someone added this to the "locking screen" section: "A simple method (possibly incorrect) is running the locker in background ans pm-suspend in the foreground coproc slock && pm-suspend". Why should we add a <<possibly incorrect>> method to our wiki page? --Nierro 11:32, 12 Semptember 2012 (EST)
Delete "How it works" section?
- Hi! Is there anyone still really interested in reading and understandig how does pm-utils work?
- Pm-utils is a mess, why should any user be interested in it? For lots of usual things (eg hibernating, suspending), now upower relies on systemd.
- I'm the translator of the italian arch wiki community of this page. And i'd really like to remove this section and slim down this wiki page.
- Still, in "tips and tricks", i guess the first tip, about hdparm, should be removed. Instead should be added under the systemd-sleep wiki (as i already said, upower won't :use pm-utils to suspend, therefore it won't be executed anymore on 99% of users laptops.) Nierro (talk) 17:47, 23 June 2013 (UTC)