Any way to get synaptics driver to function properly after such restart? -- dpc, 18 Jul 2008
- I have only suspended-to-disk once, and I had to rmmod and modprobe appletouch, so maybe add the touchpad module to SUSPEND_MODULES? I'm just learning this as well. When I work out hibernation, I'll come back and fix this. -- thegnu, 10 Nov 08
- A little elaboration of the relationship between pm-utils, uswsusp, and hibernate-script would be really useful to clear up confusion --VitaminJ 10:23, 6 April 2010 (EDT)
"Locking the screen saver on hibernate or suspend" does not work
some sort of progress bar?
Anyone have a script to show some progress while storing to disk? (Not necessarily fancy graphics, just something more than a blinking underscore).--Unhammer 07:06, 18 August 2010 (EDT)
To get pm-hibernate to resume I had to add the "resume" hook to /etc/mkinitcpio.conf not the "uresume" like the page sugests.
Simple method to lock the screen
Someone added this to the "locking screen" section: "A simple method (possibly incorrect) is running the locker in background ans pm-suspend in the foreground coproc slock && pm-suspend". Why should we add a <<possibly incorrect>> method to our wiki page? --Nierro 11:32, 12 Semptember 2012 (EST)
Delete "How it works" section?
- Hi! Is there anyone still really interested in reading and understandig how does pm-utils work?
- Pm-utils is a mess, why should any user be interested in it? For lots of usual things (eg hibernating, suspending), now upower relies on systemd.
- I'm the translator of the italian arch wiki community of this page. And i'd really like to remove this section and slim down this wiki page.
- Still, in "tips and tricks", i guess the first tip, about hdparm, should be removed. Instead should be added under the systemd-sleep wiki (as i already said, upower won't :use pm-utils to suspend, therefore it won't be executed anymore on 99% of users laptops.) Nierro (talk) 17:47, 23 June 2013 (UTC)
- I would like it there. pm-utils still used here, for example. --Doru001 (talk) 11:24, 10 July 2013 (UTC)
- Is that section inaccurate or out of date? If the only reason for deleting it is ease of translation, I think you can just delete it in the Italian article or replace it with a link to the English section, nobody forces you to translate everything after all ;) -- Kynikos (talk) 05:18, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
- I know :) Thanks for the tip, but as I said, i guess near no user even asks himself how does pm-utils work. And powersave section of the archwiki is already bloated: we ::::have pm-utils, laptop, suspend to... , systemd, etc etc. It would be nice to cut off something useless. By the way, if you think it should stay there, we'll keep it.
- And, let me say that, translation it's not a problem, since i already translated it, and probably no one will alter it anymore :) Nierro (talk) 07:48, 14 July 2013 (UTC)
- By the way, I think we'll soon be at the point where pm-utils is actually dropped from the repositories, since the hook functionality has been replaced by systemd with After/Before in unit files or the system-sleep directory for quick ports of old hooks. thestinger (talk) 21:23, 14 July 2013 (UTC)