The power management options are quite cluttered around the wiki. This page should give an overview of the possible options where one can change power management settings. Descriptions for laptop-mode-tools is currently missing and there doesn't exist a wiki page for laptop-mode-tools yet. Also there is no description on how to use the laptop-mode-tools as I don't know how to use them. The precedence of the power setting options should be clarified. --BertiBoeller (talk) 01:24, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. The wiki indeed need a general Power Management page. However, application specific info should be moved to their page. e.g. Systemd related info should belong to Systemd. This page can be serve as index page of power management with links to other existing wiki page. -- Fengchao (talk) 03:05, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, having a general introduction to power management in Arch with links to all our articles would be really helpful, however I too recommend to move application-specific information to the proper pages. Please also link this article from others, and remember that we already have General Recommendations#Power management and Laptop#Power Management that may now overlap this article: duplication of information should always be avoided.
- As fixed by Fengchao in the article, we do have a Laptop Mode Tools article and also other pages related to power management, e.g. Acpid which is not even mentioned here. Please search the wiki more thoroughly.
- -- Kynikos (talk) 11:41, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- Is it possible to rename the page? Perhaps a better name would be "Power Management (Overview)" to make the intention clear that this page should serve as a starting point for everyone interested in Archlinux power management. I had and have troubles finding out where to enable the power management options, especially as some options set in one place can be overruled by a setting in another place. My intention with this article was also to show the order in which the options are called. For example I was using the Kernel command line parameter for the audio powersave but the setting always overruled somwhere until I found out that it was pm-utils in combination with upower which overruled my setting.
- Is it also possible to add an keyword to this page so that it shows up when someone searches for example for powersave? --BertiBoeller (talk) 10:26, 15 July 2012 (UTC)
- You can create a page powersave and redirect to this page. See Help:Editing#Redirects.
- I do not think a rename is necessary. There are many overview pages in Arch Wiki without a overview in their name. Feel free to clean up and restructure this page to make it a really good overview.
- -- Fengchao (talk) 02:48, 16 July 2012 (UTC)