Alternate setups and filesystems
Just wanted to mention these directions worked great for me. It would be nice to have more examples for alternate setups and good ideas for filesystems, etc..
AskApache 15:07, 22 February 2012 (EST)
- Hey AskApache, it's really rewarding to hear that this article was helpful. I spent a fair amount of time modifying and updating the old Installing with Software RAID or LVM article. Unfortunately, I was never able to spend enough time updating this article. Thankfully, 6arms1leg has made some excellent contributions, along with yourself.
- Anyway, could you explain what alternate setups might apply? The filesystem question is an interesting one. I didn't realize there are alternatives to Linux raid auto. And that the Non-FS data allows you to format the array with any filesystem. After some quick searching, the Optimum RAID article on Linux Pro Magazine looks like a good place to start.
- ~ Filam 09:51, 23 February 2012 (EST)
- Sure Filam, basically I would like more advanced and basic information about everthing! But specifically partioning and filesystems.
- Different ways to mount the devices in /etc/fstab
- How to test speed
- More instructions on customizing the mdadm.conf file
- I'm working on this too but probably won't be editing anything again for awhile.. Thanks for this article!
- --AskApache 13:00, 27 February 2012 (EST)