Talk:Ruby Gem package guidelines
> For libraries, use ruby-gemname. For applications, use the program name.
For me it makes more sense to use ruby-$gemname for *all* packages created from gems. It makes things simpler.
- I agree. I already do this for several of my packages, such as AUR, AUR, and AUR.
- Ichimonji10 (talk) 20:49, 7 December 2013 (UTC)
- Python Package Guidelines#Package naming has a similar naming convention:
python-packagenamefor libs and
packagenamefor applications. If the naming standard changes for Ruby packages, then the naming standard should also change for Python packages, purely for the sake of consistency.
- Ichimonji10 (talk) 03:26, 9 December 2013 (UTC)
- I believe all other language PKGBUILD guidelines (perl/python/..) have the same rule. And all of them should be changed.
- Anatolik (talk) 03:02, 10 December 2013 (UTC)