- Update "Lockout user after three failed login attempts", file mentioned no longer contains those lines ?
- descriptions/rationale for all the links to other articles (MAC)
- base64 /dev/urandom | dd bs=1 count=10 2>/dev/null
- use (enhanced?) ACL on partitions
- TMOUT for root shell
- sudo timeout
- Securely Wipe HDD
- Using File Capabilities Instead Of Setuid
- VNC, proxies, ssl, etc
- browser security (requestpolicy, noscript, sand-boxing browser)
- merge Hardening Guides into this article
- kernel options (which could be added as FRs on the bug tracker)
- Package signing
stack protector gcc flag(See: FS#18864)
- document hidepid mount option?
CentOS Wiki OS Protection Article
This seems to be a good article to cross-reference or to use as a basis to pull in more content here. CC BY SA rights so I suspect it is compatible with the Arch Wiki. http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/OS_Protection
I am hoping to pull some content in myself, but I am by no means a security guy. I figured some wiser heads might be able to make better use of it than I or correct any mistakes I might make while attempting to contribute.