Page title does not use naming guidelines. Also, a forward slash between two words defines an either/or option (e.g. Backup for full/partial configurations) which I don't think is meant to be the case here.
--Gen2ly 06:16, 12 December 2009 (EST)
- The slash was supposed to be a subpage. It looks like that's disabled in this wiki for article namespace (as it is in Wikipedia) so I'll just change it. Time 07:05, 12 December 2009 (EST)
- Full System Backup with rsync? If not, go ahead and change it. Time 07:14, 12 December 2009 (EST)
- Just got a chance to read the article, nice work.
- --Gen2ly 14:32, 13 December 2009 (EST)
Thanks User:Time for taking the time to rewrite this :) It looks good and it's more generic now, also thanks for keeping the link to the original forum post.
Just to clarify things: from what i understand this page can't be merged to the Rsync page because of technical limitations so it's being moved back to Full System Backup with rsync? It's fine by me either way, as long as it still stays somewhere on the wiki :)
Wooptoo 13:18, 23 December 2009 (EST)
Thanks! Neat method for a sync-type backup! The only question I have is what happens if you Template:Codeline the boot sector (first 512 bytes) instead of running GRUB? --VitaminJ 22:18, 11 November 2009 (EST)
I don't know if it works with
dd, since the partitioning scheme can be different on the two harddrives.
- I vote for merging this with rsync.
- I second the vote.